WSA is a nomination based award system. To apply you need to be nominated by either a WSA National Expert or a Youth Ambassador. Nominations to the international WSA are possible through national contests and national Expert panel selection. Please read the section below carefully.
HOW TO APPLY
To find out who your WSA National Expert or Youth Ambassador is, please click here. WSA office will be happy to introduce you to your WSA National Expert or Youth Ambassador. Once you have contacted your expert, they will go through the steps you will need to take in order to qualify for national selection with you. Some countries also offer application through a national contest.
Your project will be reviewed and evaluated if it meets the eligibility criteria and standards of WSA. If your project is chosen to be nominated in one of the WSA categories, your WSA National Expert or Youth Ambassador will enter your data in the WSA online Contest Database. Please make sure your WSA National Expert or Youth Ambassador has the right contact data.
Upon nomination, you will receive a confirmation email inviting you to complete your application. Please make sure to check you spam. After submitting your application you are officially enrolled in the global WSA. An especially assembled international Jury will then evaluated all enrolled projects and choose the 46 winners of each year.
- Any company, organisation or individual from all UN and UNESCO member state are welcome to apply.
- The Youth Category “Innovation for the SDG’s” is limited to projects initiated and executed by people under the age of 30 from any of the UN and UNESCO member states.
- WSA is strictly restricted to digital projects with a strong impact on society.
- Submissions for the WSA can contain mobile applications, sms based products, webpages, databases, kiosk installations, wearables, IoT etc. There is no limitation regarding the platforms or channels the projects work with.
- The projects can be maximal 2 years old at the date of nomination.
- No ideas, drafts, demonstrations or concepts are accepted, all submitted projects must be market ready or already on the market.
Click here for more details.