Facebook is the world’s largest social network and connects over 2 billion people monthly. As part of its mission to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together, it connects people on the platform with over 70 million businesses. Facebook not only helps businesses get discovered and find customers, but also helps people develop connections to products and causes. To better support cause-driven businesses, Facebook has partnered with One Young World to launch the Facebook Social Entrepreneurship Award.
On 5 October at the One Young World 2017 Summit in Bogotá, Colombia, Facebook’s VP of Global Marketing Solutions, Carolyn Everson, announced the Facebook Social Entrepreneurship Award and officially announced the opening of applications for One Young World Ambassadors to apply. In line with the company’s mission, the award will present a prize to 4 teams or individual social entrepreneurs with advertising credits and Facebook mentors who will share marketing expertise.
Who can apply?
- One Young World Ambassadors exclusively. Ambassadors can apply as individuals or teams in groups (up to 5 individuals).
- Those with scalable businesses.
- Those who operate businesses that address a major social and/or economic issue in their region and empowers their community.
- The Participant and each team member (if any) must lead or be employed by a non-profit charity or a for-profit business legal entity, which is registered and/or formed under applicable laws in their jurisdiction
- Ambassadors must live and operate enterprises within Facebook’s 4 regions: North America, EMEA, Asia Pacific and Latin America.
- Government officials, political figures and businesses politically affiliated (all as determined by Facebook and One Young World in its sole discretion) are not eligible to participate in the Contest.
The Facebook Mentors will also serve as judges for the Prize Winners.
Candidates will be assessed based on:
- Probability of increased impact following ad credit investment – 40%
- Evidence of social impact – 30%
- Innovation/originality – 30%
About the Award
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. THIS IS A CLOSED CONTEST OPEN ONLY TO MEMBERS OF THE ONE YOUNG WORLD AMBASSADOR COMMUNITY IN GOOD STANDING. 2 stage contest. Open entry period begins 20:00PM GMT on Oct. 5,2017 & ends 18:00PM GMT on Nov. 17, 2017. Finalist entry period is between Nov. 20, 2017 and Dec. 4, 2017. Must be 18+ & maj+, work for a charity/business that has an online presence, and addresses a major social and/or economic issue and empowers their community. 1 winner from each of 4 regions determined by highest score using criteria: Probability of increased social impact following an ad credit investment (40%); the amount of demonstrated evidence of social impact (30%); and the degree of innovation and originality (30%). Void where prohibited by law. SUBJECT TO FULL OFFICIAL RULES. ARV of each Regional Prize: $5,000. ARV of Grand Prize $50,000. Total ARV $70,000. Sponsor: Facebook, Inc., 1 Hacker Way, Menlo Park, CA 94025.
- Deadline: 17 November, 18:00 GMT
- End of November 2017: Shortlisted candidates are contacted. Shortlisted candidates must submit a video.
- Early December 2017: Mentors select final Winners