The Elevation Church has been set up by God to develop its members as witnesses of Christ to the general public while empowering them to not only achieve the highest levels of distinction and greatness in life but to work actively with the church to establish community development initiatives to set other individuals on their own paths to greatness.
The church is recruiting for the role of Senior Communications Officer.
- Work with the Head, Communications (HC) in crafting and implementation of strategies to achieve the vision, plans and objectives of the Church
- Plug identified communications gaps in the Church.
- Coordinate the implementation of agreed communication programs to enhance the reputation of TEC
- Managing, planning and implementing a proactive communication program to enhance the reputation of TEC
- Providing detailed reports of communications activities, including return-on-investment analyses;
- Work with team lead to develop and manage the annual communications/publicity budget
- Reviewing all internal and external communications with a view to ensure accuracy, good language and brand consistency. This includes, but is not limited to magazines, online platforms, publicity materials etc.
- Produce content for distribution through several information channels and platforms. Content could be gathered through several mechanisms.
- Edit said content to impeccable standards
Internal and External Communication
- Drive the implementation of agreed communication strategies to enhance the reputation of TEC
- Oversee the management TEC’s email communications and SMS platforms across all expressions.
- Ensure the implementation of best practices for effective email marketing and advertising.
- Provide internal communications support for the office and volunteer teams of TEC
- Provide detailed reports of communications activities, including return-on-investment analysis.
- Drive the implementation of the publicity strategy of the church. Ensure that all publicity media and materials are properly produced, maintained and updated with current information.
- Assist in overseeing internal and external communications and presentations, overseeing digital communication, including the content for the church website, social media, elev8 magazine, invitation cards, posters, brochures and fliers;
- Maintaining extensive and positive relationships with national and international media;
- Maintain the public relations function of TEC, establishing and maintaining active relationships with secular, denominational and interfaith media
- Develop a pool of effective communication activists across TEC expressions
- Undertake public speaking engagements on behalf of TEC
- Develop and implement systems and procedures necessary for the smooth operation of the communications function
- Ensure proofing and quality assurance and overall adherence to TEC brand standards
- Providing detailed reports of communications activities, including return-on-investment analysis;
- Provide responsible leadership for all teams within the Communications unit, setting the example for an environment of creativity, innovation and problem solving.
- Guide team towards achievement of KPIs and periodically provide feedback to ensure enhanced performance.
- Identify development needs of team members and ensure that these are fulfilled in a planned manner Manage interpersonal relationships of team members
- Manage team members engagement and motivation
- Coordinate the production and submission of monthly team reports
Providing coaching and mentoring for team members