A leading church in Lagos, Nigeria, The Elevation Church, seeks to recruit a communications officer, who will work with the senior communications officer to implement the communication strategies aimed at enhancing the reputation of the church.
Internal and External Communication
– Implement agreed communication strategies to enhance the reputation of TEC
– Manage TEC’s email communications and SMS platforms across all expressions. Implement best practices for effective email marketing and advertising.
– Provide internal communications support for the office and volunteer teams of TEC
– Provide detailed reports of communications activities, including return-on-investment analysis.
– Ensure prompt and accurate handling of day-to-day media/communications related enquiries.
– Review internal and external communications with a view to ensure accuracy, good language and brand consistency. This includes, but is not limited to books, devotionals, magazines, online platforms, publicity materials etc.
– Produce content for distribution through several information channels and platforms. Content could be gathered through several mechanisms.
– Undertake copywriting for church communications.
– Write press releases and other journalistic materials.
– Develop engaging stories for use across at TEC expressions or media platforms where required, with a view to building audience across all expressions and platforms.
– Implement the publicity strategy of the church. Ensure that all publicity media and materials are properly produced, maintained and updated with current information.
– Work with Senior Communications Officer to monitor and enhance the overall image of TEC
– Serve as first contact and knowledge base internally and externally regarding all communication issues.
– Attend relevant external events to provide media support and in-house coverage of the events.
– Facilitate press events (physical, on radio, TV, or the Internet) where and when required.
– Work with Digital media manager to ensure that communication content is optimized for search engines.
– Support development of TEC materials.
– Maintain extensive and positive relationships with national and international media.
Click here to apply.