Transquisite Consulting has advertised a vacancy for the position of Public Relations and Communications Manager in a large and fast-growing social enterprise/education organisation. The job, which is based in Lagos, Nigeria, is permanent, with a competitive salary.
Our client, one of the fastest growing social enterprises and largest education organisation in the world is searching for a Public Relations and Communication Manager to drive support and advocacy, through external communications.
Reporting into the VP of Communications who is based in London, you will be the sole focal point of the PR activities that takes place in Nigeria so the ability to work with a remote team is a must.
As the Public Relations and Communications Manager, you would be responsible for the development of proactive external focused multi-disciplinary media campaigns and stories, as well as building partnerships with other education or social enterprises/non-profits, and education innovators.
To excel successfully, you must be a proactive professional who can demonstrate the ability to engage communications leaders and colleagues around the world to ensure all work done is completely aligned with the global strategy and global campaigns of our client.
You should also be able to lead an effective and efficient press office, at national level, in a fast-paced environment
As the Public Relations and Communications Manager, you would be expected to:
- Effectively promote and defend the reputation of the organisation;
- Raise the public profile of the organisation through the successful delivery of media and communication strategies;
- Identify potential opportunities to increase media profile regionally, and deliver on them;
- Offer media advice and insight to senior members of the Nigerian team, particularly on the implications of national news stories;
- Engage in planning and delivery across the whole communications spectrum, including contribution to the delivery of high priority campaigns and policy developments, and the regional roll out of communications strategies;
- Develop and manage key stakeholder relationships both internal and external;
- Play a key role in ensuring that all communication is of an appropriate high standard, consistent with brand and key messages;
- Have responsibility for the Nigeria Communications budget;
- Lead an effective and efficient press office, at national level, in a fast-paced environment;
- Audit the brand’s current communications in Nigeria and develop a plan for optimisation and improvements;
- Develop proactive external focused multi-disciplinary media campaigns and stories;
- Crisis communications management;
- Communications project management;
- Offer advice on the best media approach to colleagues within the organisation;
- Map and prioritise external contacts within the media, and external stakeholders.
- Prepare and place media spokespeople into broadcast and print news media
- Plan and lead political engagements in the Nigeria
- A Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) with superior academic performance;
- Extensive experience of PR and Communications within a campaigning organisation;
- Detailed knowledge of the role of social media channels in PR and how to best utilise each channel for the brands’ benefit;
- A detailed understanding of, and proven experience in the media and political landscape in Nigeria
- International experience working for political, campaigning, non-profit, and other social enterprise type campaigns that concern an idea or movement rather than a product;
- A clear understanding of how to grow the distribution/popularity of channels based upon audience segmentation;
- Experience of digital content editing;
- Experience of film editing and direction;
- Appreciation of PR and Communications in emerging markets or underdeveloped countries;
- Ability to work independently and across country teams;
- Experience of engaging in public media debates with policy makers
Click here to apply.