The Merck More than a Mother Media Recognition Awards is an initiative by Merck, the world’s oldest pharmaceutical and chemical company; to raise awareness about the critical role the media can play in breaking the stigma around infertility. It also aims to change the culture of discrimination and abuse of infertile women while educating the public about infertility prevention, management and male infertility. In addition, the campaign aims to encourage men to discuss their infertility condition openly, support their wives through the journey of testing and treatment.
The Awards will honor and reward outstanding journalistic coverage that enhances the public’s engagement and understanding of infertility stigma and the need to change the social perception of it in African communities.
|Multimedia||USD 5000||USD 3000|
|USD 1500||USD 1000|
|Radio||USD 1500||USD 1000|
|Online||USD 1500||USD 1000|
Who Can Apply?
The Award is open to print, video broadcast, photo journalists and media students whose stories appear in newspapers, websites, blogs and television and that target the public.
Submissions will be judged and recipients selected based on the following categories:
Print and Online
- Newspapers or magazines
- Online (blogs and/or social media)
- Online (blogs and /or social media )
- Newspaper or magazines
- Online(blogs and /or social media)
Judging Panel The judging panel consists of experts from diverse professional backgrounds including journalists, communications experts and media managers.
- The story must have been published any time before 30th AUGUST 2017
- Links to the stories must be submitted before the dead line.
- Plagiarism of any kind will lead to automatic disqualification
- Photo entries will only be limited to 2 photographs per journalist/student.
- Applicants should be East African journalists and registered media students in East Africa.
Deadline for submission of the stories and photos is 31st AUGUST 2017.
Applicants Name, Sex, Age, Media House or Institution (for students), Country and Contacts must be provided with the submission.
Applications can be submitted via email@example.com
Click here for more information