“MainOne” (formerly known as “Main One Cable” or “Main One”) is a leading provider of innovative telecom services and network solutions for businesses in West Africa. Since its launch in 2010, MainOne has developed a reputation for highly reliable services to become the preferred provider of wholesale Internet services to major telecom operators, ISPs, government agencies, large enterprises, and educational institutions in West Africa.
MainOne Cable Nigeria is recruiting for Senior Manager, Finance Operations in its Lagos office. Candidate should have at least 10 years experience. Application deadline is September 30, 2017.
|Job Title||Senior Manager, Finance Operations|
|Organisation||Main One Cable Nigeria|
|Experience||10 – 15 years|
|Minimum Qualification||University Degree B.SC or B.A|
|Application Closes||Saturday, 30 September 2017|
- The job holder will be responsible for supervision of the teams that prepare Management Accounts and reports in some of the affiliates, he will be responsible for funds management, general ledger, fixed assets and revenue assurance among other duties.
- Responsible for supervision of the teams that prepare Management Accounts and reports in some of the affiliates, Funds management, general ledger, fixed assets and revenue assurance. Other responsibilities include:
- Strong back-ground in IFRS and its applications with ability to advise on new standards and perform adequate gap analysis between old and new.
- Review of Group reports and ensure they are fully compliant with IFRS along with requisite analysis.
- Ensure Internal Controls are in place to ensure assets of the Organization are well secured and properly maintained.
- Ensure Polices are in place and reviewed; team members are adhering to them to ensure adequate process work flow.
- Work with the team to develop financial goals and objectives and give them the appropriate tools to adhere by them.
- Ensure timely preparation of accurate monthly Management Accounts.
Job holder will liaise on a day-to-day basis with other the management team, Other groups/departments; Technical, Project Management, Marketing Strategy, Administration etc., on financial issues.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance or any financial courses.
- Possession of an MBA will be an added advantage.
- Possession of ICAN or its equivalent is most.
- Minimum of ten (10) years of relevant experience in Account/ finance roles, with at least five (5) years’ experience in a managerial role.
- Advanced IFRS knowledge
- Technical & Professional proficiency
- Strong Quantitative Skills
- Research & writing skills
- Analytical Thinking
- Attention to details
- Solution-minded Relationship Management
- Proficiency in MS Office
- Proficiency in AX Dynamics or its equivalent accounts’ software
Demand on the Job:
- Have regular updates on financial management issues and cash management strategies.
- Keep abreast on International Accounting Standards.
- Able and willing to work long hours and meet tight deadlines.
- Knowledge of finance, accounting, budgeting, and cost control principles.
- Able to analyze financial data and prepare financial reports, statements and projections.
- Able to communicate effectively in person, in writing and over the telephone with individuals and with a wide variety of organisations and audiences.
Click here to apply.