|Job Title||Public Policy And Government Relations Manager|
|Experience||2 – 4 years|
|Minimum Qualification||University Degree B.SC or B.A|
|Application Closes||Friday, 30 June 2017|
As a member of Google’s Public Policy team, you help shape various product and issue agendas with policy makers inside and outside government. In addition, you will help advise our internal teams on the public policy implications of their products, working with a closely coordinated and cross-functional global team. The role requires significant experience either working with or in government, politics or a regulatory agency as well as an ability to grasp complex technical and policy issues.
As our Manager for Public Policy and Government Relations, you will represent Google externally with government, regulators and third parties, as well as help manage our local public policy strategy and campaigns. You will work with a cross-functional team of Google employees in Africa as well as with a closely-coordinated global Public Policy team to advance policy positions that benefit our users.
You will handle our various product agendas with policy makers inside and outside government as part of the team in West and Francophone Africa. In addition, you will help advise our product and engineering teams on the public policy implications of their products, working with a closely coordinated and cross-functional global team.
Technology moves quickly, so it’s important that we work closely with politicians, regulators, academics and third parties around the issues that affect the Internet and our users. We advocate for Google on the big public policy issues of the day and often play a part in high-profile debates. In this role, you’ll combine creativity and intellectual rigor with the organizational skills to manage different campaigns and projects to tight deadlines. You’ll apply your expertise to real-world scenarios, acting as an inspiring advocate and enthusiastic team player eager to help shape the future of Internet and mobile policy.
- Develop and lead public policy campaigns across the full range of policy areas that impact Google and the web. Key issues include technology innovation, free expression, access, privacy, intellectual property and copyright.
- Engage directly with politicians and policy-makers.
- Engage governments and other stakeholders, particularly on issues of regional relevance.
- BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience either working with or in government, politics or a regulatory agency.
- Ability to speak and write in English and French fluently and idiomatically.
- Experience in policy related to economic and digital growth, the impact of internet and technology on society and economy.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the tech sector or the key issues impacting the web (e.g. economic growth, intellectual property, innovation and entrepreneurship policy, online safety media policy and free expression).
- Ability to work in a cross-cultural environment and manage projects and relationships in multiple countries.
- Ability to manage complex technical and policy issues.
- Excellent personal, political, analytical and organizational skills.