GE is the world’s Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
Dedicated to innovation in the areas of energy, health, transportation and infrastructure, we’recommitted to leadership, integrity, partnership and human progress.GE businesses ranging from Aviation, Capital, Oil & Gas, Energy Connections, Power and Water, Healthcare, Transportation and have operations on the African continent. Major locations include Angola, Ghana, Kenya, Nigeria and South Africa.
Over 1300 employees are working in the region, creating local partnerships and providing solutions & services that supports Africa’s infrastructure and sustainable growth. We are also dedicated to knowledge transfer, whether it is providing technical expertise to customers by hosting customer summits, to developing young local talent through unique programs.
Role Summary: OMLP is an intensive program designed to accelerate the development of early career talent and produce leaders capable of meeting the challenges facing the operations function at GE. OMLP is a two-year program that allows members to build leadership and functional skills through challenging rotational assignments and world-class training. Through these job assignments and training, program members are involved in GE’s strategic initiatives, including GE’s drive for LEAN Six Sigma.
- Participating in an intensive 2-year-long program including 3 different assignments in manufacturing operations
- Possible assignments include shop operations, lean, process
- Working in a full time position combines challenging job assignments, coursework training and interactive seminars to equip you with exceptional technical, financial, business and leadership skills and to prepare you for your further career steps
- Technical classroom training in manufacturing, global supply chain management, lean Six Sigma and sourcing
- Business training and challenging experience in: project management, team leading, negotiation, business acumen
- BSc or M.S. degree with outstanding results in engineering or business management (purchasing, supply chain, operations, logistics majors are preferred)
- Commitment to a career in supply chain/ services
- Versatile interpersonal, communication and presentation skills
- Prior internship, cooperative studies or research experience in engineering or manufacturing is an advantage
- Rotation locations vary, thus candidate must be geographically mobile (within Europe and also domestically)
- Fluent English language skills are mandatory, additional language knowledge is an advantage
- Analytical approach to problem solving, project management skills
- Easily adapt and learn in a changing environment, flexible and responsive
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
- Ability to influence others and lead small teams
- Lead initiatives of moderate scope and impact
- Ability to coordinate several projects simultaneously
- Effective problem identification and solution skills
- Proven analytical and organizational ability