Alhamdulillah, Ramadan is coming to an end and the Eid is drawing closer.
Eid is a twice-yearly routine which can be really plain and basic. Most Muslim families just pray accordingly, cook and eat, greet people, give Sadaqah (if you want), dress your best, invite people.
There are other ways to go about Eid celebration which still involves praying accordingly & dressing your best obviously. This article is to give you some new ideas for celebrating Eid;
- Having a cookout; invite friends, grill some beef and fish enough to feed a lot of people, have some nice Islamic lectures to listen to, get non-alcoholic drinks and water. Play Islamic trivia (a way of getting more Islamic knowledge).
- Beach outing; you and your family/friends can cook some nice meals and cool soft drinks, hop into the car and take a trip to the beach. Everyone can have a nice time at the beach where you get to play fun games, ride horses and take lots of pictures.
- Share your day with the less privilege; spending some time with the less privilege can be one of the most selfless things to do. You could get or make food, drinks organize things to give away e.g. clothes, shoes, provisions e.t.c.
- Invite over people who are celebrating alone; Eid is not to be celebrated alone. When you go for the Eid prayer, make sure to invite anyone who is celebrating alone, it is a selfless act which not only will source you reward but will improve your moral value plus a new friend.
- Have a picnic; you can visit the park with family and friends, grab a lot of food, drinks, games (charades & chess/scrabble game) to make it fun. Do not forget your camera to photograph the moment for memory purposes.
- Go see a movie; Visiting the mall or cinema to see a family-friendly movie should be a wonderful idea. Get your cinema foods and enjoy yourself as you and your family laugh through an amazing movie/film.
Eid is a special celebration; let’s not make it a boring experience with the repetition of ideas. Nobody got hurt from trying out simple and new ideas.