The David Oyedepo Foundation scholarship program is our major platform for promoting our vision and goals. The scholarship program awards scholarships to qualified individuals who are indigenes and residents of African countries, and have been offered admission to specific universities in Nigeria.
The DOF scholars program grants individuals the opportunity to acquire a first degree at top schools in the African continent. It grants individuals the opportunity to build up the leadership potentials that are so evidently lacking in the leaders of our today’s society, through the yearly programs and community development initiatives.
Dr David Oyedepo: “I believe education is the key to unlocking the destiny of Africa. A major investment in the education of our people would go a long way in improving the economic situation of many African Nations.”
The David Oyedepo Foundation scholarship program is our major platform for promoting the Foundation’s vision and goals. The scholarship program awards full-ride scholarships to qualified individuals who are indigenes and residents of African countries. The scholarship seeks to develop youth leaders who are ready to put their learned skills to work in leading organizations, communities and their local countries. The scholarship grants students the opportunity to study at Covenant and Landmark University, Nigeria. Please visit davidoyedepofoundation.org/portal for more information.
FINANCIAL PROVISIONS OF THE SCHOLARSHIP
- Full Academic fees for a maximum of 5 years. (In accordance to the University stipulated time for the duration of the chosen course).
The scholarship does not cover;
- Travel allowances
- Feeding allowances
- Medical/Health Insurance or allowance
- Any other fees outside University generated Academic fees for a course at any level.
The David Oyedepo Foundation Scholarship program is open to Young Africans who meet the following criteria:
- Are citizens and permanent residents of any African Nation
- Are between the ages of 18 and 25 at the time of application submission
- Are eligible to receive a Nigerian student visa
- Are proficient in reading, writing and speaking English
- Have a record of exceptional performance at the secondary school level which is benchmarked by:
- At least 20 points above JAMB cut off points (for Nigerians only)
- 80% recorded average or 4.0GPA/5.0 in Secondary/High School Transcript
- Already have begun admission applications to Covenant or Landmark University Note: The application for the scholarship does not guarantee admission to the specified Universities; all admission to the University is to be secured independently by going through the University’s admission process.
Hence, the award of the scholarship is CONDITIONAL on University admission. Applicants not meeting the above technical eligibility requirements will not be forwarded to the selection committee.
DAVID OYEDEPO FOUNDATION APPLICATION PROCESS TIMELINE
June 6, 2018 Applications Open
July 15, 2018 Application Closes
July 2018 Finalisation of finalists applicants and contact of same
August – September 2018 Resumption of Scholars in Covenant and Landmark University
SELECTION PROCESS AND CRITERIA
The David Oyedepo Foundation Scholarship Program selection process is a need dependent, merit-based open competition. After the deadline, all eligible applications will be reviewed by a selection panel. Following this review, chosen finalists will be interviewed by the David Oyedepo Foundation team, through an online video conferencing platform.
If advanced to the final round, the applicant must provide;
- Proof of application to Covenant or Landmark University
- Proof of citizenship
- All original copies of documents uploaded during application.
Selection panels will use the following criteria to evaluate applications (not in order of importance): · A proven record of superior scholastic ability
- Displayed financial need
- Outstanding character
- A proven record of leadership and community involvement
- A commitment to influence home community with skills learned
Click here to get more details.